Job Title: EMC Apprentice
Location: Chandlers Ford, Hampshire (starting September 2018)
Salary: £12,000 (1st year) rising incrementally in years 2 and 3
Hours: 37.5 per week
To become part of the engineering team at Hursley EMC. Perform EMC testing in our labs in Hampshire and also assist senior staff with offsite working when required. We carryout civil and military EMC testing and our expectation is that each new apprentice will be able to work in all departments by the end of training.
We have had great success with our existing apprenticeship scheme and are now expecting to be creating one new position annually with a start date of September.
What we Offer
At Hursley EMC our young engineers have all come through the apprenticeship program and become key members of staff. Our Apprenticeships are known for their hands on approach and combining theoretical studies with real projects and tasks during your daily work life. As an Apprentice you will have the chance to learn via a 3 year course of day release education locally to HND level, and also via on the job training during your time with us. We encourage education beyond HND and we fund distance learning to degree level once an HND has been satisfactorily completed.
During the first year you will learn all the practical and theoretical aspects of civil and military EMC. You will be assigned to a senior member of the engineering management staff who will be responsible for your training and learning.
This Apprenticeship is an exciting and excellent opportunity for a career in the EMC industry.
Some skills you can’t get exam results in, and these skills you’ll need to be born with consist of the following:
Attitude, appearance, responsibility, demeanour, timekeeping and work ethic.
We can teach you a lot but if you lack these it’s going to be hard work!
Personal Skills and Qualifications
- A valid UK/EU passport
- The right to live and work in the UK
- You have to be at least 16 years old
- Enjoys working in a team and treats everyone with respect in order to achieve your goals
- Likes to plan ahead and see tasks through from start to finish
- Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems
- Is excited by a challenge and pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills and has the confidence to ask questions
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with colleagues and other Apprentices
- Take pride in doing your best, even in a challenging situation
- Has a real desire to learn and improve your knowledge and skills
- Full driving licence
- A minimum of 3 GCSE’s at Grade A-D (or 4-9) including Maths, English and Science
- 2 x A Level or equivalents
Our selection process
If your application via your CV is successful you will reach the first stage consisting of a face to face interview with our training manager. After we have interviewed all candidates and found a suitable short list to focus on, there will be a second interview with the senior management and engineering team.
In the first instance
Please mark your letter “Apprentiships”